For the past 25 years, we’ve provided our customers with advice, design & installation expertise for the implementation of suitable and appropriate closed circuit television systems.
Specialising in high quality transmission of video signals over fibre, copper and microwave, we have particular experience in multi-channel video transmission for CCTV systems as well as the integration of voice and data channels to support peripheral networks for intercoms, access control and alarm systems.
With the introduction of IP-based security networks, our Ethernet networking skills have enabled us to help our customers make the transition to converged networks and we have been able to offer innovative designs to support security infrastructures, particularly in widely dispersed external networks.
Fixed single camera installations to larger and networked systems. Using analogue and IP technology with new generation digital video recording, ANPR (automatic number plate recognition), analytics and thermal imaging.
From our experience built up through our involvement in many hundreds of CCTV systems, we are able to advise and build fully integrated megapixel IP solutions offering clients a single network infrastructure, often contained within the corporate backbone as a VLAN, delivering high quality CCTV solutions from a single source.
Legislation & applicable standards
- BSIA-109 Planning, installation and maintenance of CCTV systems CoP, HOSDB (Home Office Scientific Development Branch )
- The Data Protection Act 1998 - The DPAs function is to ensure that all personal data is used in a proportionate, professional and responsible manner. We have a responsibility to eliminate the usage of any data for voyeuristic or entertainment purposes. CCTV images are classified as ‘data’ by the DPA, therefore the Act is applicable to CCTV security systems. All CCTV systems users must be trained and a 'Code of Practice & Operating Procedure' must be compiled and circulated to those involved with the system. Security guidelines have to be followed when storing recording devices and any recorded media. Its recorded that devices are regularly checked and serviced and to have a maintenance log book. You must register (notify) under the Data Protection Act with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
- BS 8418:2015 Installation and remote monitoring of detector activated CCTV systems - Code of practice
- BS 8495:2007 Code of practice for digital CCTV recording systems for the purpose of image export to be used as evidence
- BS EN 50132-1:2010 Alarm Systems - CCTV surveillance systems for use in security applications
- BS EN 50132-5:2001 Alarm Systems - CCTV surveillance systems for use in security applications - Part 5: Video transmissions
- BS EN 50132-7:2012 Alarm Systems - CCTV surveillance systems for use in security applications - Part 7 : Application guidelines
- NCP 104 – NSI Code of Practice for design, installation and maintenance of CCTV systems